we came back to Singapore on 11th thurs evening. We've been touring in Eastern Europe and Norway for the past 2 weeks. Had wanted to buy a kit while I was in Prague and Oslo just to give myself a peaCe of mind since my period was about due. I just HAD to make sure that all the deli meats and some sushi were not going to impact any possible pregnancy and avoid eating wrong stuff if i really was. But it was either so hard to find a pharmacy or it was crazily expensive. decided to wait till we were back in sg to test.
the last few days in oslo, I felt a slight pain on my left lower abdominal ...i tot to myself that it must be pre-menstrual cramps coming. but still no sign of my menses...so on fri 12 Oct...i decided to take my last test kit to try anyway. at first, it was just a straight horizontal line...but the vertical line started to show faintly and got darker. then it hit me! I was pregnant! I couldn't believe myself actually...not really daring to feel joy and
excitement.
I showed it to dear who was still a little groggy from just getting out of bed and heading for the showers. He was very happy. Immediately, he prayed and thank God for this. It was a great birthday present! especially with Tyan's anniversary so near...this would help make it a little more bearable.
decided to head down to Dr Fong for a check-up. the nurses still remember me...so did Dr Fong when he saw the previous records. He was pretty nice this time round...much more amicable. we talked a little about Tyan. But seems like he did not agree with the post mortem findings that it was the holes in Tyan's brain that caused the IUGR and Polyhramnios. Well, will be giving him the report to have a more detailed look the next time anyway.
So we had an ultrasound done but he could not find any visible amniotic sac yet. He was also concerned that I had pain in my left side and cautioned me that it might be ectopic. But also it could be that it was a very early pregnancy so we could not find the sac yet. he even asked me if I was sure I was pregnant. Lol...i told him that if I wasn't, maybe I should sue Clearblue. He decided to let me go for a blood test anyway just to see what my HCG level was.
BUT...to my "horror", when I came back home and took another look at the test kit. It had gone from positve to a negative?! imagine my shock! An ominous sign i feared...
After a whole week of anxiety and seeking prayers and intercessions from close frens, we finally made it back to Dr Fong's clinic on 20th Oct. And guess what?! We have a miracle! it is not an ectopic pregnancy!
Phew!!! We could see the pregnancy sac in the uterus, right where it should be! although the whole day I was seemingly stoned from tiredness and the whole episode, I was quietly thankful that things were beginning to look up. Now a wait of another 2 weeks before we scan for the baby's heartbeat.
It is still a long way off to the birth of this little one...but cant help feeling excited all over again...the familiar feeling of excitement and anticipation of a new life but a not so innocent me this time round, well aware of all that can posiibly go wrong. You will help say a little prayer, won't you?
the last few days in oslo, I felt a slight pain on my left lower abdominal ...i tot to myself that it must be pre-menstrual cramps coming. but still no sign of my menses...so on fri 12 Oct...i decided to take my last test kit to try anyway. at first, it was just a straight horizontal line...but the vertical line started to show faintly and got darker. then it hit me! I was pregnant! I couldn't believe myself actually...not really daring to feel joy and
excitement.
I showed it to dear who was still a little groggy from just getting out of bed and heading for the showers. He was very happy. Immediately, he prayed and thank God for this. It was a great birthday present! especially with Tyan's anniversary so near...this would help make it a little more bearable.
decided to head down to Dr Fong for a check-up. the nurses still remember me...so did Dr Fong when he saw the previous records. He was pretty nice this time round...much more amicable. we talked a little about Tyan. But seems like he did not agree with the post mortem findings that it was the holes in Tyan's brain that caused the IUGR and Polyhramnios. Well, will be giving him the report to have a more detailed look the next time anyway.
So we had an ultrasound done but he could not find any visible amniotic sac yet. He was also concerned that I had pain in my left side and cautioned me that it might be ectopic. But also it could be that it was a very early pregnancy so we could not find the sac yet. he even asked me if I was sure I was pregnant. Lol...i told him that if I wasn't, maybe I should sue Clearblue. He decided to let me go for a blood test anyway just to see what my HCG level was.
BUT...to my "horror", when I came back home and took another look at the test kit. It had gone from positve to a negative?! imagine my shock! An ominous sign i feared...
After a whole week of anxiety and seeking prayers and intercessions from close frens, we finally made it back to Dr Fong's clinic on 20th Oct. And guess what?! We have a miracle! it is not an ectopic pregnancy!
Phew!!! We could see the pregnancy sac in the uterus, right where it should be! although the whole day I was seemingly stoned from tiredness and the whole episode, I was quietly thankful that things were beginning to look up. Now a wait of another 2 weeks before we scan for the baby's heartbeat.
It is still a long way off to the birth of this little one...but cant help feeling excited all over again...the familiar feeling of excitement and anticipation of a new life but a not so innocent me this time round, well aware of all that can posiibly go wrong. You will help say a little prayer, won't you?
Praying for you & baby. :)
ReplyDelete