Sunday, October 23, 2011

Things I missed most during pregnancy! Part 1

pregnancy

Honestly, I'm not those who can often think abt very gd or interesting topics to blog abt. Which is why I salute those mummy bloggers that I know who can faithfully churn out entries daily and all so entertaining n humorous. Anyway, I finally had an idea that I shld blog abt moi's experience during this pregnancy and so that some time dwn the road I cn tell my kids how their poor mummy had to "sacrifice" on many things during the 10mths that I carried them.

Things I missed during my pregnancy:

1) not being able to eat w/o thinking
You probably never realized how much empty calories u r consuming or imagined the possible contaminated food u cld b eating n considered the impact they wld hav on you till.....u become PREGNANT like me. Suddenly, all the delicious food that you once loved suddenly all become possible suspects of negative influence on the growing fetus inside you.

We had our first food scare after we went to the gynae to confirm my pregnancy. happened to have a voucher for two mini Buddha jump over the wall at Summer Pavillion Restaurant at Ritz so dear and I tot we cld go for a mini celebration. Happily we ate, but that night I had the nagging thought to google what we ate and guess what!? I was shocked to read that preggy mummies shldn't eat shark's fin, abalone and many of the ingredients that we ate earlier. I immediately freaked out! They were supposed to cause Neural developments in the fetus. Argh! I was immediately filled w guilt for my ignorance at what I might have done to my poor bb! Thankfully, my very rational husband tried to assure me that juz that tiny bit couldn't have done much harm, then did I feel better.

And that was juz the beginning! Soon I was became super paranoid that before I ate or ordered my food, i wld Google them to see if they are "safe" for consuming....I tell you it makes the already little selection of food I have at my workplace seem even more pathetic. Of cos I must say I am a little over cautious to the point that I wld cut myself fr bubble tea, Coke totally juz so I wun be taking any caffeine while there is actually some allowance for caffeine daily. But can u blame me for being a scaredy cat first time mom? :p always prefer to err on the side of caution.

These days, the only thing I look forward to eating is fruits n lots of it! Cos they have got be safe right?! Mango, apple, star fruit, even dragon fruit n not forgetting my soursop craving! Poor dear ad to drive to Desaru to get me soursop but almost all failed to ripen properly. But my all time Fave is orange for sure...nowadays my face simply lights up at the thought of eating a nice juicy orange.

Of cos, looking back at it nw it all seemed hilarious.how paranoid I was but this has not been an easy pregnancy so I'm glad I din take my chances. Juz 3 more weeks and I can almost be back to eating my usual stuff....already booked my FIL for a sashimi big meal! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment