Alas, when I went for the check-up again, it was only to realise that my aminiotic fluid level (AFI) was getting way beyond normal levels. It was recorded as 27cm in AFI and the norm was only 5-18cm. This condition is called polyhydramnios. At first I didn't think it was anything serious but upon googling, i found out that there were several reasons for this condition.
Causes
- gastrointestinal abnormalities such as esophageal atresia, duodenal atresia, facial cleft, neck masses, and tracheoesophageal fistula
- fetal renal disorders that results in increased urine production during pregnancy, such as in antenatal Bartter syndrome.[6] Molecular diagnosis is available for these conditions.[7]
- chromosomal abnormalities such as Down's syndrome and Edwards syndrome (which is itself often associated with GI abnormalities)
- neurological abnormalities such as anencephaly, which impair the swallowing reflex
- In a multiple gestation pregnancy, the cause of polyhydramnios usually is twin-twin transfusion syndrome.
- It can also be caused by some systemic medical conditions in the mother, including cardiac or kidney problems. it can also be caused by intrauterine infection(TORCH)
Really....looking at the above reasons...i didn't know what to think. But I had already gone through the first tri testing and nuchal fold test too. All seems fine...I know they are not conclusive but even till now Doc Fong says that he doesn't see anything wrong with Tyan. Really praying that I fall into the unknown 60% and BB is just fine.
My emotions have been on a roller-coaster ride...been trying to encourage myself with the Word of God and trying to be positive.
Tmr we will b going for another growth scan at NUH. Praying for some good news! Hopefully Bb is hitting 1.5kg already...been feeling bad cos my appetite has not been great..hope it hasn't affected him much. This week marks week 32 according to the new EDD OF 15 Dec. 5 weeks more to go...hang in there my dear son! Mummy n Daddy r praying for you everyday that u will be a strong, healthy n complete baby. You r going to be our legacy to serve in God's kingdom ya?
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11 NKJV)
Lord, show me ur love,ur grace n ur mercy. I believe that you have given us Tyan as our future n hope. Give us ur peace n assurance even as we awaits his arrival.
No comments:
Post a Comment